More traffic from Oz, UK?

How do you figure radioactive copper is worth 3x non-radioactive copper? Art

Reply to
Artemus

I'm not, I moved here by choice! But the problem of trying to have a single currency for Greece and Germany is also true here, with mining going gangbusters and our high interest rates destroying manufacturing, our housing market on the slide and more than a few non-mining jobs being lost.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

well it IS valuable but that's because it has a 60 hour half life, so its unlikely to be radioactive for very long.

I.e. ere is no radioactive copper in nature to be found. You need a nuclear source to make it.

ERgo the OP must be referrin to copper in an ore which is radioactive.

Since there is only one really long half life naturally occuring radioactive element - uranium - its likely to be that innit?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And you live where, in what country?

Reply to
Robatoy

===============

Funny counting system used in Australia. Was that a long scale or short scale trillion or is that a prison education standard counting system?

Reply to
Eric

===============

Funny counting system used in Australia. Was that a long scale or short scale trillion or is that a prison education standard counting system?

Reply to
Eric

Holdens, Toyotas and Fords are built here. But there's no pretending that our high dollar and small market makes manufacturing challenging at best

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Well, I do not know about the prison counting system But, obviously you do

Reply to
George W Frost

And you live where, in what country?

****************

Don't think Mr. Pounder is game enough to say Rob He would be the type of person your mother used to warn you about when you set off to school

Reply to
George W Frost

And you live where, in what country?

WTF has it got to do with you?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I am enlightened.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Well, I do not know about the prison counting system But, obviously you do

===================

Your stated numeric number would be correctly stated as:

in the long scale system "two thousand, five hundred thousand million"

in the short scale system "two quadrillion, five hundred trillion"

not the "2 1/2 TRILLION" your stated in text.

I feel you have made a simple typo in your zeros but since counting system "trillions" and "billions" are not longer defined, thanks to the USA making a mess of all measurement systems, I wanted clarification to your posting. The correct text would be defined differently in each continent of the world.

Don't feed the troll. He was your "aussie" friend here under another nickname. He loves to fill the group with turmoil.

All the best

Reply to
Eric

Holdens, Toyotas and Fords are built here. But there's no pretending that our high dollar and small market makes manufacturing challenging at best

Reply to
Eric

So, by your reckoning, it has to be 100% "made in " to qualify

What about the almighty American Motorcycle the Harley Davidson ?

Do a check and you will find that half of it is made overseas. The wheels, made in OZ for years the electrics, made in Taiwan The front forks were made in Japan, probably still are Motor technology comes from Germany.

That is why the HD factory went broke in the 1970's, they thought they could make the best motorcycle, but couldn't, AMI took over and they went broke, then they discovered overseas talent for making motorcycles and implemented that process and are still afloat for now.

Reply to
George W Frost

Thanks for your input Eric, but I was only quoting from sauces on the USA debt, which was stated as being 2 1/2 trillion dollars Maybe I did miss out on a few zeros and it is a pity that one of those zeros didn't get Mr Pounder when he was here but then, that's another country and it's airplane he is only knowledgeable on the 707 from the 1960's, Big Old Jet Airliner too much wacky baccy for his brain has completely fried it.

Reply to
George W Frost

It has a lot to do with Rob, myself and a lot of others as to where you live.. You are blasting Australia as the worst place you have lived so now, tell us where you live now, or are you too embarrassed to say you live in the hills of Kentucky ?

Reply to
George W Frost

That's where the Toyota Camry is manufactured. Best car on the road under $40K

--------------

Reply to
m II

Me thinks that was the bloke's point.

What is that funny angle character you fill the text with?

Reply to
m II

Best be WAY under 40K for that piece of shit. Face it. There's only one car company worth talking about (for us mid income folk) and that is Subaru. Say it after me: S=95U=95B=95A=95R=95U. Fuji Industries know how to build a= car. Is it classy? Nope. Does it work? Always. Safe? Yup. Fast? If you want one that is, no problem. Them's little tanks.

Reply to
Robatoy

But does it last an average of eleven years in Sweden?

Can you drive one for 10 years without ever changing the oil or replacing an exhaust component?

On Jul 15, 10:35 pm, "m II" wrote: That's where the Toyota Camry is manufactured. Best car on the road under $40K

Reply to
m II