More on electric cars.

It has an "ECVT", otherwise known as an elctronically controlled variable transmission. It certainly *looks* like an epicyclic gearbox in the pictures.

I challenge you to find the ECU on my car. In fact, I challenge you to tell me where the ECU is on *any* car I've ever owned.

(Morris Minor, various 110/1300s, Vauxhall Victors and Vivas, various petrol and diesel Citroens, Fiat Panda, Land Rover)

The closest I ever found to an ECU was the electronic ignition on the Citroen BX.

Reply to
John Williamson

As Drivel can't answer the question, I will.

Nissan and Toyota are part of the ChaDeMo partnership who provide up to

50Kw chargers for quick charging of electric cars. They need a 440V. 3 phase, 110 A supply. They supply 500 Volts DC at up to 110 Amps under the control of an ECU in the car. They take half an hour to charge it up enough to get to the next charging point.
Reply to
John Williamson

as I thought, you just plug in to the nearest 13A socket ;-)

Reply to
charles

Figures.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please explain how the drive from the engine gets to the wheels without a gearbox.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You have to remember he was claiming more than 60 mpg for 'his' Mk1 Pious many years ago. But now claims all this progress. Of course he was lying then...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It is "parrallel" not in-line.

Thy do not make Morris Minor 1000s any more.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Surely you know dribble's answer? You carry a super capacitor in your pocket. They can charge your car battery in seconds.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dribble thinks a gearbox must have a stick poking out of the floor which you waggle. And that a constantly variable transmission can only be achieved with rubber bands. Quite the norm for those who don't understand things they spout about.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Doesn't 785 litres of wine exceed the maximum all up weight (and HTF do you fit that much wine in a euro shoebox like a C2?)

Reply to
The Other Mike

But at 400kV it's only 5 Amps :)

All that needs is a bit of 0.5mm^2 and some insulation

Reply to
The Other Mike

This man is mad.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yeah - what sports car did he claim to have too ?

Reply to
geoff

DB5 or other exotic? His fantasies know no bounds.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

difference between a electrically powered car from a car powered by gasoline?

Reply to
ownerbuilder2012

But somewhat lacking in safety perhaps.

Tim+

Did you wipe up afterwards?

Reply to
Steve Firth
[Snip]

What happens if you need to charge it away from home?

Reply to
charles

I never had a Mk 1.

That I do have.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Hi Maxie, nice to hear from you. Fanstastic. Are you putting away the summer frock now Autumn is creeping in? What is the attire this month?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel