More decking questions

Dear deck fans,
Well I've got my hard ground cover and two tonnes of gravel making a nice level bed for my (ground-level) soon-to-be-deck. : /
But I have two questions:
1. The gap between the house and deck - how big should this be to allow air to circulate, and should I fill it with anything e.g. gravel or just leave it? This question seems to have been asked a few times but I can't find any actual answers to it. :)
2. Should I secure the deck to anything or will it be okay? The length of it will be resting on an existing row of 70cm square concrete slabs which juts out from the conservatory. The rest will be resting on joists on my gravel bed. Opinion seems to vary; what have other people done?
ROSIE
Rosie wrote:

This site gives loads of info' on this subject:
http://www.pavingexpert.com/featur05.htm
Have a look around and use the search facility on the site to find anything more on this subject.
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com