mono block driveway

Hi how many blocks or pallets of blocks would I need to buy to do my driveway in monoblocks. The size is approx 23 square metres. And what would be a reasonable price for them?

Thanks Mark

Reply to
Mark

Check out

best site on the web for this sort of info.

Prices? Make a few calls.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

If the blocks are std 200x100 there are 50 per m2 = 1150 blocks. As to pallets, that depends on the manufacturer.

I would add 5% for wastage (cuts etc) unless your drive is an odd shape, when would go higher.

Pricing - call some merchants, and haggle.

SalesGuy

Reply to
salesguy

The message from "Mark" contains these words:

That'd depend on the size of each block, of course.

Reply to
Guy King

For "standard" 200x100mm blocks you will need 50 per sq m. Marshals provide them in packs of 476 blocks (nine and a bit square meters). At that quantity you ought to be able to get those for about £90 a pack including VAT (which is what I paid Jewson for them a few weeks back!). They were also happy to supply part packs.

There is an Excel spreadsheet you can get from the pavingexpert site that does a more complete estimate:

John Rumm

So much for Jewsons being expensive. Wickes want £101.02 for 488.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Needless to say that was not their listed price! (although it was probably only comparable with wickes). The wickes blocks are not Marshals either and did not have such an attractive colour.

Reply to
John Rumm