Monitor display position ?

Win 7 & Samsung monitor.

The on screen display leaves a 5 cm gap on the right of the screen. I have tried Control panel / Resolution / Display settings. Also, The monitor on screen display position settings.

When I try and drag the display it stops at the 5 cm gap so doesnt fill the screen.

This has only started in the last couple of days. Any ideas or is the monitor starting to fail?

Reply to
ss

factory reset using the monitor's inbuilt menu?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Sounds like sticky fingers have reconfigured the monitor.

i.e its in the monitor.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Excellent, that sorted it, Thanks.

Reply to
ss

Probably thought it was a telly. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I remember trying to use a fairly early TV with an HDMI input as a monitor. A so called HD ready set. No dedicated Windows driver available, and would only work on one resolution on the one Windows chose. But it was the overscan which made it unusable.

I've got a smart 24" Samsung TV in the workshop above the 'electronics' bench. Fed via an HDMI splitter from the computer monitor feed - to view things like circuit diagrams while working on things. Works a treat.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Is the displayed image being compressed - so you can see everything but it is not filling the full display area, or, is it cropping the image so you are losing the right hand edge of the image?

Reply to
John Rumm

Can't be that given that the monitor on screen display position settings don?t fix it.

Reply to
Fred

I can see everything so not cropping. A factory reset on the monitor sorted it.

Reply to
ss

Yup saw that after I posted :-)

Reply to