Mole grips for 40mm nut

So much easier with cordless impact drivers being affordable now. My cheap Lidl one managed the crank pulley bolt on my SD1 OK. Eventually.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Could be - but torque settings on a wheel nut nothing like as important as on a wheel bearing one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Had at least one car where the wheel bearing torque setting was beyond the range of my expensive torque wrench.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

In the context of a car wheel bearing nut I'd have said you could get sufficient accuracy by measuring where to stand on the scaffold pole.

Reply to
newshound

They are normally just finger tight. Try using rubber gloves etc to get a better grip. But you won't need anything strong and expensive to move it.

If I didn't already have one, I'd buy a stillson for this.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Calculating its length and your weight. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News