Moan: LED SES "candle" lamps with embossed printing

I've got wall and ceiling lights that take LED SES candle bulbs, but they all seem to have information embossed on their (white) base, and this is visible when the lamp is in position. This must be common to most light fittings that use these things. Grrr!

Reply to
nothanks

HTH.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I use these LED fillament bulbs for my SES candle bulbs:

No white base, and look just like a regular bulb.

Reply to
Caecilius

The last time that was an issue for me, it was the bulb for my photographic enlarger.

Reply to
Graham.

There were special bulbs made for enlargers, they were designed to give a whiter light and had the rating details printed on the side where it wouldn't cause a problem instead of the end.

The OPs problem is different though the printing is on the white plastic forming the base and not on the illuminated part.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

I'm currently experimenting with sanding one, but that would be best done by spinning it in the lathe, but that needs me to get the lathe going after the house move, but that needs me to finish the garage re-wiring, but that ... sigh! Maybe a can of paint would be easier ;-)

Reply to
nothanks

White sticky tape? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Thanks, but I need to be able to dim them and those particular ones aren't dimmable. TLC don't seem to have dimmable "filament" type LED lamps with an SES/E14 base and reviews of that style from other vendors (e.g. Amazon) are very mixed - makes me wonder if the electronics run hotter because they're squeezed into a smaller space than those with a white base.

Reply to
nothanks

The surface is a complex curve, plus that would look a bit naff.

Reply to
nothanks

TLC have dimmable versions as well:

Caecilius

Mike Clarke snipped-for-privacy@milibyte.co.uk> wrote in news:q65vaj$61m$1 @gioia.aioe.org:

I remember that Phillips Photlita range?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I feel your pain. Have a mirror with golfball lamps surrounding it (film makeup style) And depending on make, some have very obvious writing on them. But on the glass itself. Hope I never have to go LED with that, as the LED versions are more a half globe than the near full one of tungsten.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I am sitting next to some full globe, normal size, frosted LED golfball bulbs, B22-4W-G45-3000K-F from ledhut.co.uk That's the warm white version, they do others. Nine of them have lasted a nine months in use for several hours a day. Just a heads up on the current market, no particular recommendation for this source, though I have found them reliable, helpful and reasonably priced.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Good to know, thanks. Although these particular ones ain't on for long periods, so cost of the 16 lamps perhaps more important than the energy used.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In case anyone is interested, I've found some in B&Q that don't have the problem. They're pricey but have a 5 year guarantee.

nothanks

Maybe see what your local electrical wholesaler has? (In the way of dimmable filament)

Reply to
cpvh