mirror screw cap threads

Hi, does anyone know if the mirror screw thread for the cap is standard ? If I buy

I guarantee it will fix the mirror screws that my glazier will supply ? Or will I have to get these first and try them ?

Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Well I've bought loads over the years from different places and often kept odd ones which I've mixed and matched without ever coming across a cap and screw combo which didn't fit together.

Personally I would have thought that the fact that these caps are sold on their own without screws must indicate that compatibility is not a problem.

But if you're concerned why not tell you glazier that you will supply the screws and caps yourself and but screws sold by the same supplier?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Well what a totally crap post that was... I meant to delete the above paragraph when I spotted that the supplier did indeed sell screws, as per the next paragraph:

And finally: ---> "buy"

Apologies. Will do better next time. David

Reply to
Lobster