Mira 415 shower mixer unit or any Mira shower mixer unit

Mines gone all leaky after many years use. Anyone got one not being used and going for a song? MBS

Reply to
Mr Blue Skye

No, but have you thought of calling the manufacturer? I always have found them very good. IIRC, this model is of a type before cartridges with most of the parts were used. If this is a model with the individual parts, then yiu probably only need a few O-rings and they are fairly inexpensive anyway. It's probably a better solution than taking them from another used valve, even if you can get one.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I've twice obtained service packs for my old Mira 88 from the manufacturer (both times due to slight leaks). They also once sent me a new handset holder for free. Cost of a service pack & new knob was less than £20. Customer support is 01242 262888 (Caradon Mira Ltd) or you may be able to order online:

D.

Reply to
Terry D

leak that is progressively getting worse.

How hard is it to change the seals in this type of mixer? I haven't done any plumbing before, and am concerned with getting myself into a situation of having no shower and no water, but at the same time am prepared to give it a go if it's do-able!

Reply to
Dane Koekoek

My mum got the Mira service pack from the local indie plumber's merchant. She's about to embark on this task, so if she can do it I'm sure anyone can.

Her biggest problem is that the gate valve on the cold supply is jammed open :(

Reply to
R W

Well I might give it a go then!!!

Thankfully, all my stopcocks work well...

Reply to
Dane Koekoek

No real problems in installing the service kit, just follow the instructions and make sure to use the silicone grease. BTW, the full service kit should include pistons, O-ring seals and a new control knob. It gives the shower a new lease of life. Mine was installed by myself and is now over 20 years old and still works fine. Whilst you mum has the cold water turned off, why not fit a new gate valve to the shower? In order to prevent gate valves seizing in future, open fully then close by half a turn.

Terry D.

Reply to
Terry D

I've got this now, so it'll be a nice job for my next day off!!!

Terry, not my mum... R W's....

Dane

Reply to
Dane Koekoek