Miele hob thermocouple

Thermocouple on wok ring appear to be malfunctioning. (Gas ignites but goes out when control know is released).
Before I dismantle things to get at the underside of the hob is the replacement of a thermocouple on a gas hob a major operation or is just a bit of un-screwing involved?
On 05/06/2012 08:53, fred wrote:

replacement of a thermocouple on a gas hob a major operation or is just a bit of un-screwing involved? I have the same problem so if you do go ahead, let me know how you get on.
I have found that by jiggling the top into a certain position the ring works again.
dedics

replacement of a thermocouple on a gas hob a major operation or is just a bit of un-screwing involved?

Check carefully that a flame plays on the thermocouple tip, and that the particular hole aimed at it isn't blocked.
--
Andrew Gabriel
On Wednesday, June 6, 2012 11:11:19 AM UTC+1, dedics wrote:

replacement of a thermocouple on a gas hob a major operation or is just a bit of un-screwing involved?

I bit the bullet. Bought new thermocouple and with much fiddling replaced it to discover the problem wasn't with that. So the Miele engineer is on his way, at exorbitant cost
On Tuesday, June 12, 2012 4:30:16 PM UTC+1, fred wrote:

replacement of a thermocouple on a gas hob a major operation or is just a bit of un-screwing involved?

to discover the problem wasn't with that. So the Miele engineer is on his way, at exorbitant cost
Well when I got home SWMBO had spent the day at the hairdressers and hadn't phoned Miele service.
Thinking on Mr Gabriel's comments I had another look and true enough no flame was getting to the thermocouple. After a bit of faffing I pulled the jet, blasted compressed air through it and BINGO, it works now.
Well done Mr Gabriel. I owe you one.
Double winner. Got the ring working and was able to have a go at SWMBO for not cleaning it right !
Paul Mc Cann

replacement of a thermocouple on a gas hob a major operation or is just a bit of un-screwing involved?

to discover the problem wasn't with that. So the Miele engineer is on his way, at exorbitant cost

was getting to the thermocouple. After a bit of faffing I pulled the jet, blasted compressed air through it and BINGO, it works now.

Good one!

--
Andrew Gabriel