Microbore Radiator Valves - TRV?

Hi,

The pipe that feeds water to the far end of one of my radiators has become corroded to the point of disintegration. I plan to get a new valve (dual entry) to replace the current one. Do these come with the required pipe? Where can I get these valves? Is it possible to get thermostatic valves for an 8mm microbore dual entry system? Again, where are these available?

Many thanks in advance,

Max

Reply to
FormbyMax

I have the same twin entry valves (Yorkshire Maxitwin). The pipe inside my radiators is nylon. The end is filed to a taper and it then threads itself into the valve inlet.

I needed to replace one in a hurry 3 years ago and ended up scrounging a used one from a plumber who was changing a system. Might be available from IMI Yorkshire (look in Valves 1469 part number)

Maxitwin radiator valve. compression inlet x BSP taper male union outlet. Available in plain and chrome plated finish.

Reply to
John

"John" wrote in news:nqqrd.749$pO.424@newsfe5- gui.ntli.net:

Reply to
FormbyMax

Plumb Centre!!!

Reply to
Paper2002AD

As far as I am aware,there is no such thing as a dual entry TRV. Regarding the type of valve of which you speak,it is common practice to use a length of 8mm or is it 10mm microbore tubing as a replacement for the bit of pipe that slots inside the rad,such it have got lost/damaged. A bit of microbore is a snug twist fit in the valve. Failing that,if you want TRV,then youll have to re=pipe the rad with a vavle at each end and ditch the twin entry vavle..

joe

Reply to
tarquinlinbin