Source for Twin Entry Radiator Valves

Hi, Does anyone know of a source for Twin Entry Radiator Valves - seems these were common in the 80's when our London Docklands apartment was built. The existing radiators are in good condition and working well, but the same can't be said of the microbore (8mm) TRV's. Even though I'm already redecorating and painting, I'm not looking forward to replacing 5 radiators, so I do hope the group can help.

Regards Daniel

Reply to
DFM

I asked the same question on here about 1.5 years ago with no joy. I have or had 8mm microbore radiator valves which had the flow and return going into the same valve. I have very nearly completed re-piping them to a more common configuration after replacing all the radiators in the house. I have found this very easy to do. Microbore is very flexible especially the soft copper you can get today, seems more flexible than the old stuff I had in my place, which was built in 1896.

If you dont find anything on here you could just change your pipework to the more common configuration of flow at one end and return on the other and buy new radiator valves/lockshields and keep your rads. Simply join a new length of pipe from the existing pipework using a compression coupler (whatever the correct name is!) drill a hole in the floor near the valve depending on your setup and connect it all up. You will need a reducing set if you go for 15mm valves which I found were more avaialble.

The reducing set fits inside the valve and works a treat, finish it all off with rad snaps and jobs a good 'un

Of course you may not want to take up a floorboard if you have them that is!

Anyway HTH

Cheers

Richard

Reply to
r.rain

Do you mean valves like this:

so, Plumb Centre appear to have them online (product number 890200):

Grant

They are exactly what *I* was looking for!

Oh well.... I like my new TRV4 valves! :)

Cheers

Richard

Reply to
r.rain