Micro switch, switch size.

Card doesn't compress over time IME. Plastic is slippery & more prone to fall out, and not as easy to work with. Card is very handy for all sorts of little mechanical fixes.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

No. it doesn't.

If you look at how they work, it is a matter of levers within the thing whose actions are more about where the button sits on the arm and the arm length than where the contact is

what wears, is not the contact, but the actual BUTTON.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Its a dishwasher, its likely to be damp.

Reply to
dennis

If the electrical connections are damp, something has gone wrong. Card does have a bit of tolerance to damp. I wouldn't worry about it.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

If the actuator has a mechanical advantage (which it does to a degree dependent on the type of actuator) then wear at the contact will be magnified by that advantage. I recently replaced a microswitch (with one I had in stock since the early 1960s!) in the pressure switch in a Saniflow macerator and found the nylon button had to be depressed to nearly level with the case, while a new one moved about two mm. The button wasn't visibly worn. So, n of 1, I disagree. You may be right in other cases, my experience is limited. But contact wear or possibly bending little metal parts was certainly the cause in my case, not actuator wear.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

You really havent a clue.

Bye