micro switch suggestions?

I have a max/min thermometer which uses 2 AA batteries for a digital display. It doesn't have a re-set switch which mean the only way to reset it is remove one of the batteries. I'd like to attach a small switch which would enable me to cut off the power supply. Any suggestions as to what I might use ?

Reply to
fred

Whatever will fit mechanically. If you don't want to cut a hole, a NC reed switch would allow you to reset it using a magnet.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Are you sure that there isn?t a reset function? Seems an odd omission. I would expect that there must be something to press and hold to reset the memory (possibly not labelled as such though).

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I don't see how you expect help without telling us the make and model. Perhaps you could drill a hole through which could be poked a toothpick to push one of the batteries off its +ve contact.

Reply to
Dave W

Momentary switch push button with normally on or a change over contact. Its then pretty obvious. I really so miss Tandy for this sort of thing, they used to sell some nice square topped momentary switches like this fairly cheaply that did not have a long back and only needed a round hole and had a plastic nut behind the panel, even a klutz like myself could use them. grin. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

A max/min thermometer without a simple way of resetting the max and min values to the current temperature?

Surely not.

These things often do the above when the relevant button is held pressed for a second or two.

PA

Reply to
Peter Able

Thats a good idea