metal cable clips, 18th edn

Metal cable clips are required for cables that could otherwise collapse in a fire in an escape route. My question is, can one use just enough of them to keep the cable there in a fire, or does every single clip have to be metal?
NT
On Mon, 09 Jul 2018 17:11:42 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:

Enough to stop the cable drooping to get in the way of anyone trying to get in/out of the entrance/route.
On Tuesday, 10 July 2018 05:35:33 UTC+1, Alan wrote:

cheers
NT
I'd never quite got this one as most cables are made orf some kind of plastic, In which case I suppose enough is enough. Brian
--
----- --

Sure, but its better if they don’t fall down and obstruct the movement of people in a fire.

On 10/07/2018 07:51, Brian Gaff wrote:

When a flat in a tower block in SOuthampton caught fire, the firefighters wearing breathing gear got ensnared by cables that had drooped down from the ceiling because the trunking and or clips had melted.
On 10/07/2018 07:51, Brian Gaff wrote:

Metal core inside the plastic. Plastic & clips burn away, leaving copper wires.
Andy

Use none.. put in metal conduit/trunking.
On 10/07/2018 17:14, dennis@home wrote:

or on a cable tray or shelf...
--
Cheers,

John.
On Tuesday, 10 July 2018 18:50:52 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:

or a bent nail in lieu of the occasional cable clip.
NT

A problem with that kind of approach is if you end up abrading the cable with thermal expansion cycling.
--
Cheers,

John.
On Tuesday, 10 July 2018 22:38:53 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:

OK, the nail can be sleeved :) It's 10mm2 main earth bond cable.
NT