Meranti Sorces

The guys that fitted my new windows todayused wood for the facings and told me it was Meranti ...As it would do for something I want to make I was wondering if any of the sheds sell it or would I need to go to a Timber Merchant? Anyone know?

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Usenet Nutter,

Not an answer I like to use, but as you don't give a location, type -- Meranti wood suppliers -- into google.co.uk and you come up with 2,700 'hits' - and you may find what you want there.

Or if you hit the -- I'm feeling lucky -- button, you will arrive at:

may be of some use to you.

Cash

Reply to
Cash

Did you miss the part where I asked if the sheds sell it? ....B+Q,Wickes,Homebase or other such national outlets . If the answer was to be that they do not sell it and to go to a Timber Merchant then I am well able to work out where there are such places where I stay .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Didn't take long 2nd time today wow

Itching to tell us about ya new winda's - big clue no one cares

Why didnt you ask the fitters ? -

What are you planning to make ?

'm sure if you ask em they will make one for ya fat sack of shit arse

Nice to know that you choose fix the central heating and get replacement windows you choose now.

The world's thickest scotchman get's his done in the coldest winter for 20 years

awesome

Reply to
upagumtreenow

Oop's sllly me I posted with the wrong addy so know you can see the post.

Didn't take long 2nd time today wow

Itching to tell us about ya new winda's - big clue no one cares

Why didnt you ask the fitters ? -

What are you planning to make ?

'm sure if you ask em they will make one for ya fat sack of shit arse

Nice to know that you choose fix the central heating and get replacement windows dont, you choose now.

The world's thickest scotchman get's his done in the coldest winter for 20 years

awesome

Reply to
Stuart B

Sheds do not generally sell hardwood in usable forms.

If you have a local wood store that has a circular saw, cuts MDF Ply Worktops whilst you wait, then they might have a small selection of hardwoods at reasonable prices or order in precut.

Mailorder merchants, courier =A38-15, are...

-

-

Another place is Ebay - easy to pickup offcuts and various items.

Reply to
js.b1

Usenet Nutter,

Only trying to help, but typical of so many today, I suppose you must have your head stuck so far up your own arse you cannot see that?

Cash

Reply to
Cash

Thx for that js.b1 .Your helpful reply is in contrast to the others ,one of whom is my own pet stalker . Seems that some folk simply cannot give a straight answer .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

One more to join the others in the KF .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Usenet Nutter,

Ah well you can't educate pork, and I suppose that your motto is 'ignorance is bliss'?

Like to 'give it' but cannot 'take it' eh? As a matter of interest, sixty seconds of googling the websites of the 'sheds' gave a negative answer - so you're lazy as well as ignorant!

BTW - killfiles are generally useless in situations like this,

Cash

Reply to
Cussmores

Yep, great when someone else does the legwork for you - but I suppose laziness becomes you?

Cash

Reply to
Cussmores

You're even more of a d*****ad than I thought you were .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Nutter,

I thought you had me killfiled?

Well at least I have some sort of a head to use - so what's your excuse for being a prat?

A morphed again

Cash

Reply to
Cashupmore

Well, yes, you gave good guideance on killfiling there.

So I have killfiled YOU.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Apologies!

Killfiling Usenet Nutter, of course...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Shame you can't even quote what you are replying to properly . How will I survive without you ...my heart is broken . ( altho' you will never see this message )

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

I agree with Cash and Cussmores.

Reply to
Clot

It's sold by anywhere that even begins to deal with African hardwoods. So not the sheds, but a reasonable timber merchant.

It's tough and weatherproof (used to use lots of it for wagon decking) but it's ugly: coarse grain, nasty grey colour. It's also unusually nasty for giving splinters, and for these splinters turning septic. Fairly horrible to work with by hand. Dust hazard from machining it is much the same as the other tropicals, so a mask is advisable.

You might find yourself being offered Iroko instead, which is similar. Looks better, not quite so tough.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Thx Andy .The stuff I saw yesterday was a sort of reddish colour but mebbe it comes in different colours . I think the slats on my bed are made of it and they are reddish as well....

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

In message , Usenet Nutter writes

Did you think to phone up the "sheds" and ask, thus getting a definitive answer, rather than asking people who may or may not give you the correct answer ?

Reply to
geoff