mending shoes

My regular source of trainers seems to have gone down in quality, and where the rubber edging to the soles is glued onto the suede / rough leather upp ers it is coming unstuck, leaving a shiny film of glue on the leather. Ther e is a groove in the rubber where it could be sewn faily neatly, but I'd li ke to try re-gluing first.

It looks like the glue might be hard to remove - I suppose it would have to be abraded.

What glue can folks recommend ? And the way to use it ?

Thanks, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Smaller tubes available

Reply to
newshound

here the rubber edging to the soles is glued onto the suede / rough leather uppers it is coming unstuck, leaving a shiny film of glue on the leather. There is a groove in the rubber where it could be sewn faily neatly, but I' d like to try re-gluing first.

e to be abraded.

FV3wrP

Ordered some.

Reply to