masking tape

to my cynical mind, if you used it to wrap parcels

the cheap stuff would be better than expensive stuff

because expensive stuff would do what it's supposed to do

- peel away easily

but cheapy stuff wouldn't, because it would adhere better to surfaces

--

Gill Smith

Parcel tape is used for .........

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

perhaps its because masking tape is cheaper?

checked

no its not

parcel tape it is then

Regards

Reply to
TMC

ah but, OP is apparently female. The concept of "the right tool for the job" is lost. OP probably thinks masking tape is also a good substitute for insulation tape.

Reply to
Him & Her

What I want to know is why my masking tape comes off the reel for a foot or so, then tears diagonally. Then I have to pick away at the end and try to guide it back to the full width. A few feet later and it tears diagonally again.

I purchase the tape from all the best suppliers, Poundland, Aldi etc and buy it on impulse when I see it so that it's "in" for later. It then sits in the shed, boot of the car or wherever until the magic moment arrives.

Is it the storage or the quality of the product that's the problem?

Reply to
Bill

Bit of both IME... I find that more expensive brands do tend to perform better - and also that the stuff can be a real pig if it's been left sitting in storage for any length of time.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

definitely a bloke, just checked

thing is, got some free decorating vouchers

don't need any decorating

but do need to send some parcles

--

Gill Smith

able to get some duct tape. That is very strong, cloth reinforced and sticky. Would be good for parcels.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

age

I'd go with cheap masking then, afaik its the adhesive that differs. Duct tape is excellent for parcels, but very overpriced

NT

Reply to
NT