marley soil pipe suppliers

I am trying to get a solvent-solvent socket to join 2 pieces of 110mm pipe. Its sitting there on the marley website, but can I find any way of buying one ? No. No local plumbing merchants have one. Marley don't appear to have an online shop. Anyone know where I could get these online ? Alternatively, I have a solvent-pushfit adapter with a solvent-sized flange about 50mm. Could I just cut this off and use it across the join ? Would 25mm overlap onto each pipe be enough ? Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Just get one of the plumbing merchants to order one for you.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

IME, they can get most things in a day or two.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

No, but I would expect a decent plumbers merchant to be able to order, but with a health warning, unless you have get a good discount you may find the price a complete rip-off.

I strongly recommend that you try to get away from all solvent weld. Include at least some ring seal joints to allow expansion/contraction. Use a single socket to convert the plain pipe to ring seal. If you are still struggling to get 90deg exactly I suggest you consider using 2 x 45deg (or

135deg) bends, readily available in both solvent and ring seal from Screwfix and BES and probably locally in bigger sheds and plumbers merchants.

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

B&Q Warehouse stock Marley soil pipes. Might be worth a look if you have one nearby. Prices are way less than I can get from any local PM too!

Jon.

Reply to
Tournifreak

I don't care about exactly 90 degrees, I was just surprised there was no such thing (except from adjustable bends). The solvent weld is to connect a 92.5 bend to a straight piece - I am still insisting on not having a ring seal inside the wall, even though the plumbers merchant said everyone does it ! I guess you could encase the ring seal inside waterproof cement ... Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Fair enough, I wouldn't either, but neither would I want to end up with socket to spigot in the direction of flow which I think you will end up with doing it your way. You could better achieve what you want using Screwfix

13227 followed by Screwfix 13199.

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

Huh ? Its common to use double socketted bends to join 2 lengths of soil pipe, in which case there will be a socket/spigot junction in both directions. Also, 2 pipes joined with a solvent weld coupler don't end up with any great ridges inside. The flange is about the same thickness as the pipes. And if this was a problem I could file the inside down smooth. Certainly if there is a golden rule about connector directions I need to know about it, but I don't see this being applied in the implementations I have seen. Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

I am still insisting on not

Dont do that. It will stop the expansion. 'O' ring seal perfectly acceptable inside wall. Everybody does it and has done it since PVC Soil pipe was invented. Just make sure that, when you make the joint you cut the ends of the pipe square, put a good bevel on the spigot and use a lubricant, (washing Up Liquid) when you assemble the joint. i.e. do not displace the 'O' ring

Reply to
Bookworm