Cast Iron to 110mm Plastic Soil pipe?

Hi,
I am in the process of moving a toilet and installing an en suite in a bedroom. The old cast iron pipe goes down what was the outside of the house and is now a garage and has a newish concrete floor. in preparation for the en suite I am going to replace the old cast pipe with plastic, fit a new boss and renew the toilet connection. In a few months time I will "Tee" the vertical plastic with the en suite waste.
The problem is that I have just measured the inside of the old pipe and it is approximately 105mm ie too small for the 110mm pipe!
I do not want to disturb the concrete where it joins a 90 degree ceramic pipe (no collar on surface of garage floor), I have been to a builders merchant who said I had to fit a rather unsightly black plastic gaiter with clips, is there any other neater way I can do this?
I thought there would have been special plastic adapters that could do this job!!
Peter Hemmings wrote:

Yes, there is a much tidier adaptor than the big rubber boot. Unfortunately, none of the online suppliers seem to stock them, so I can't post a link. Last time I bought one it came from our local City Plumbing.
It's a piece of 110mm plastic pipe, perhaps 250mm long, which reduces in diameter to about 100mm half way along its length. The narrower section is fitted with rubber ribs, and is pushed into your iron pipe.
Try some other plumbers merchants.
--
Grunff

Grunff wrote:

That's certainly the way to go: I'm pretty sure I've seen those fittings on www.bes.ltd.com actually. But any decent plumber's merchant (not a builder's merchant) ought to stock them - yours is by no means an unusual requirement.
David
Lobster wrote:

Thanks, BES does not seem to show them, but I will keep looking!

a good handyman would be able to link it by cutting a few slits and heating the plastic pipe to suit the ceramic one. I had it done recently and no problem. my plumber is pretty versatile whenever he has a problem with plastic pipes he often solves it in minutes with a blow lamp.
snipped-for-privacy@iol.ie wrote:

The kosher item probably costs a fiver; it would cost more than that in a plumber's labour to do the above bodge - which might actually work, but on the other hand, might well not...
David
sure but sometimes you could spend a day searching for a fitting that could be easily adapted from something else. My plumber is not too expensive. 70 pounds a day and he would do several odd jobs in one day. That means he would install a heating system in a two bed pad for about 300 quid. What would you charge?
snipped-for-privacy@iol.ie wrote:

That is a total bodge. It may work, but it doesn't provide a good seal. The correct fitting costs little, is readily available, and takes minutes to fit.
--
Grunff

Grunff wrote:

Just for completeness I just phoned helpful local plumbers merchants who stock Hunter plastic fittings, there are two "adapters" (not sleeves and clips) that should work (cost about 10 +vat retail in 2005's catalogue). One fits inside and the other outside the cast iron. They said they should fit 90% of CI but not all.
He advised me to check with adapter before grinding off pipe at ground level!!
Regards