Marking hex bits to make it easier to find the right one - anyone?

As I have said before, should be octagon for red - as with the Stop sign.

And, possibly, arrow(s) for green.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

What I'd like to see is the red light for a filter lane made into an arrow, as for the corresponding green light, so you can distinguish quickly between adjacent traffic light heads, one for straight on and one for left- or right-turn only. Sometimes I instinctively brake for the red of a filter lane, and then a fraction of a second later work out that the light does not apply to me because I'm going straight ahead.

Octagon for red would be a good idea - as long as the green was then *not* a circle (maybe a left, downward or right arrow, according to circumstances), because from a distance, an octagon and a circle are too similar in shape.

I'd also like to see a digital display above each head which shows the number of seconds until the lights change from the current state. It would help when approaching lights at high speed (eg when controlling entry to a roundabout at the end of a dual carriageway) to determine whether there's a chance of keeping moving or whether I'll have to stop.

Reply to
NY