Making a ladder balancer

I'm constructing a ladder balancer,I've got the idea on paper but what to use for the none slippage part underneath ie the base will be a 3/4 board and its the underneath I'm worried about?

Basically the balancer is for working on minor slopes.

Will show a pic when its constructed.

TIA

Reply to
George

need to explain what design youre using. I just use a leg extension and secure at the top, but it sounds like you're doing something else..

NT

Reply to
meow2222

need to explain what design youre using. I just use a leg extension and secure at the top, but it sounds like you're doing something else..

NT

A Platform type ie the ladders ends sits in individual recessed boxes and only one of them is raisable via a couple of nut&bolts with a strong tensioned spring.

Reply to
George

Why not just buy a Ladder Mat?

The Medway Handyman

Nah! were's the DIY in buying? ;-) them mats won't do a varitey of different levels where as a universal one will.

If this works then I'll think about marketing it. lol

Reply to
George

Six of these should do it for stability on the base,55mm. ;-)

George

Thick rubber sheet, such as switchboard matting, for hard surfaces. Holes around the edges to take long tent-pegs or spikes on soft surfaces.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

rubber doorstops used as big feet should do nicely.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Them mats can be used in amy combination & will cope with a 4" difference between legs. Where are you working, the Andes?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Its more of a SAFTY aspect realy ie a decent size platform with shoes for the ladders legs to fit in and at the same time leveling it.

Basically I don't trust meself 25ft up the ladder anymore on me tod. ;-)

Reply to
George

Scraps of 2mm mdf allow almost infinite adjustment

Reply to
stuart noble

Okay, I'm a little late on this discussion, but for the record...

I've got a Base Mate attached to the bottom of my ladder (http://

Its a Canadian product, but available from lots of places in the UK . It is self-adjusting, works on a range of rough ground and slopes, has very grippy feet, is easy to use, gives a rock- steady platform, and is cheap (mine was 25UKP from ebay) - what more could you want?

dan.

Reply to
dwtowner

One that works on green sloping hills,put that on a board and it'll slip down the slope. ;-)

Reply to
George

Quite a selection of ladder stabilisers on eBay. The only advert for yours is at £34.99 plus postage and packing:

Bruce

piece of garbage as it lacks one main ingrediant. Anyhoo thats given me an idea of the pricing to work at. ;-)

Reply to
George