Mains input board anchorage

The incoming fuse box, meter and consumer unit are mounted on a piece of ply. This was fixed to the wall with four wood screws through stand off insulators. Unfortunately this has become loose, two screws and insulators are missing. To refasten it are the insulators necessary?

Reply to
Broadback

The meter board and stand-off spacers are - or were - supplied by your local electricity distribution company. Ring them, tell them it's coming loose and could they kindly refix it back to the wall.

Having said that, the old area boards always used to be a bit sniffy about consumer units being mounted on the meter board......

Reply to
The Wanderer

I'd have thought not as mine looks like they aren't insulators just spacers.

A suitable spacer from a batten would do the trick

I think theyre to keep condensation off the electrical equipment, theyre not insulators specifically.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Cotton reels.

Reply to
EricP

Nope you are all wrong, we used to call them meter board mints, and they're purpose is to prevent the damp proof course being breached.

Reply to
Stephen Dawson