Mains Halogen Lights - Loft Insulation Safety Question

Hi

I recently had a new bathroom fitted - upstairs, this included 4 water resistant (IP65?) mains Halogen spots that are recessed into the new plasterboard ceiling.

When I was up the loft today I noticed that the loft insulation has been removed from where the Halogen lights protrude into the loft. Is this to protect the insulation from the heat of the lights? If so, is there some insulation I can buy that is heat or fire resistant to lay on top of the lights? The room does seem noticably cooler since the ceiling was done and the new lights fitted.

Is this a safety issue or was the electrician just to lazy to put the insulation back?

Perhaps I should also point out the insulation does look quite old so may not be as good as the modern stuff.

Any advice welcomed.

Thanks

Reply to
john

Put plantpots over the light and seal the bottom with silicon. Then put insulation over.

Reply to
IMM

Try this link:

have been thinking about getting some of these myself.

Found this with the following google search string.

this again too, there are other hits which may also be useful

Regards

Reply to
Flat Eric

Use the ceramic ones, not the cheap plastic ones, they could melt!

Bill

Reply to
Bill Gardener