Halogen Spots

Just thinking out loud so would appreciate any advice....
Ok there not the most efficient but I like them so Im thinking about putting some more halogen spots upstairs. However - my useable loft space is quickly being reduced by having spots poking up all over the place.
Is it safe to board over these spots? I presume not as we all know that heat rises. Is there any solution to keeping loft space and having ceiling recessed spot lights?
Id consider LED's but as discussed on another thread they are not really suitable for the stairs and landing!
Cheers,
CM.
On 9 Jan 2006 09:48:40 -0800, Charles Middleton wrote:

Yes. Stick a(terracotta) flowerpot upside down over them first.
So that any insulation is not arond them.
If LV recommend you do what I did, and put the transformers on TOP of the boarding where they keep cool and can be replaced...
Alternatively, use old (rectangular) biscuit tins over each downlighter to give sufficient heat dissipation volume but no chance of a flame spreading to the insulation.
Mungo