Mains CO alarm EI261ENRC - replacement sensor

After discussing CO and alarms I was prompted to check our mains CO alarm EI261ENRC.

Label says "Replace unit by August 2023" so that looks OK.

Hang on, there is another label which says "Replace sensor by August 2018"!

So I now have a job to do.

Which in turn prompts the question "Is there a standard base for mains fire and CO sensors or do I have to potentially take them all back to bare wires when they need replacing?".

Now checking if fire/smoke alarms also time out.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Aico used to do replacement sensors. They have been discontinued.

Replacement is Ei3018 which fits the Aico standard round base and looks to be interlinkable with other Aico mains-powered detectors.

There is no general standard base for detectors, and you can only interlink compatible ranges from the same manufacturer.

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

Why would you mess around? The only time you'll find out if your new sensor works is if there's a dangerous situation, which is not the time to discover your installation doesn't work.

You'll have to replace the unit in 3 years anyway, so why not replace the whole thing for a new 10 years life? It's not like they're that expensive.

They do.

Theo

Reply to
Theo