Magnolia is not a standard!

I used to think Magnolia was an off white colour of paint. Just bought some Dulux and it's PEACH! Got some Leyland Magnolia paint and it's YELLOW! Where are the standards!

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

some Dulux and it's PEACH! =A0Got some Leyland Magnolia paint and it's YEL= LOW!

Magnolia is supposed to be pinkish-peach.

BS 381C: Colours for identifications, coding and special purposes BS 4800: Selection of colours from BS 5252F to be used within paint.

AFAICS Magnolia is not a standard colour.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

specify a Pantone number for magnolia - that will be standard.

Reply to
Geoff Pearson

08B15 is the BS number for Magnolia, any quality paint with that number should be the same shade.

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike

The title of BS 4800:2011 is now "Schedule of paint colours for building purposes." Since this only gives CIE colorimetric values you'll also need the colour matching fan, BS 4800F:2011 - a snip at only GBP200...

And don't forget BS 1710:1984 "Specification for identification of pipelines and services."

Interesting that these seem to have escaped the Euro-harmonisation process (so far). Some|many|most [1] trade paint places will mix you RAL colours though.

[1] The Dulux decorator centres will, for sure.
Reply to
Andy Wade

Found it with the colour reference given by Muddymike.

You can print your own fan cards (subject to home printing colour tolerances....) at

Owain

It will be a whitewash...

Reply to
js.b1

Supermarkets do some too, noticed Asda do 5L Magnolia Matt for =A35... silly fools, should label some cans Organic Barley White and charge twice as much for the different label.

Reply to
js.b1

Glad to have been of service :-)

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike

Thanks - looks like Leyland paint is correct then.

Dulux (which is meant to be a good paint?!?) has no code on it.

Dulux:

looks exactly like my wall I painted with Dulux).

Leyland:

wall I painted with Leyland Magnolia looks half way between their magnolia and their County Cream)

I put most of the difference down to the Leyland paint having been stored below zero (not by me!).

But the two webpages show a slightly different Magnolia, and the Dulux tin has no code on it.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

ROFL! Organic paint indeed. Incase you get hungry at night, lick the w= all.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Dulux and it's PEACH!  Got some Leyland Magnolia paint and it's YELLOW!

Not a trace of pink in mine. Creamy.

MM

Reply to
MM