low pressure reset switch?

Hi,

I have a saunier duval system 400 boiler. Came home today and the low pressure light was on. Did a radiator bleed and re-pressurised the system, but the light won't go off. I'm guessing there is a reset switch I need to hit? Does anyone know where it might be hidden? I have no manual :(

Thanks.

Craig

Reply to
craig

No idea if you've looked here: >

the one I picked (I didn't see your model) showed a little depressed reset switch just under the red fault light....

Cheers,

william.

Reply to
William McNicol

Hi William,

is it like a plastic x-shaped rod within a plastic round, threaded cylinder? If so, I found that, but it didn't 'press' :(

Craig

Reply to
craig

Have taken a pic of the switch.

a bit mashed up so could be dodgy. As I said, I can press it but it doesn't click.

Craig

Reply to
craig

D'oh, just realised it should be jutting out eh? Well, it's not, and the low pressure light is on, even though there is just over 1.5 bar in the system, cold. Sounds like it's engineer time.

Craig

Reply to
craig

That look just like the over-heat trip switch on my (different make/model) boiler. When it trips, the central part pops out (which yours doesn't appear to have done) and has to be pressed in again.

Reply to
Roger Mills

I assume you've tried turning the boiler mains off and on again?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Yeah, cut all power to the flat. Only left it 30 seconds though, might try a bit longer.

Cheers.

Reply to
craig

Okay, had all power off for a good ten minutes that time, still no joy.

Craig

Reply to
craig

Yeah, cut all power to the flat. Only left it 30 seconds though, might try a bit longer.

Cheers.

Reply to
Tim Downie

Well if your boiler is anything like this one

it doesn't seem it should need any sort of resetting for low pressure. It comes down to a pressure sensor fault or a PCB problem.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

In message , Roger Mills writes

wot e sed

Reply to
geoff

yeah, but if it ain't popped, I can't press it. oh well, popper must be busted!

hopefully got someone seeing it tomorrow. will post back results.

Thanks.

Reply to
craig

No! It ain't popped because it's an overheat trip, and your boiler hasn't overheated.

This button is *not* related to your pressure problem.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Hi Roger,

Thanks for clarifying, I thought it was a generic reset as that's how it seems to be described in most places!

Craig

Reply to
craig

I said I'd post back the result so here it is. The pressure switch was fine. There was a blockage at the vessel leading to the switch.

Thanks all.

Craig

Reply to
craig