Looks like Hilti and Makita are the odd ones out

Bing the own two brands that sell under their own name, and have not acquired a raft load of others:

(having said that, that is incomplete - since IIRC Makita acquired Dolmar at some point)

Reply to
John Rumm

Very interesting.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

"TTi Group?s Global HQ is in Kowloon, Hong Kong."

Kowloon was demolished years ago. When it stood, was a completely lawless z one. Strange place to have a global HQ!

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Very interesting. This sort of information should be easily available - as in your post. All too often, it is hard work to fathom it out.

Hitachi (as in power tools) has been spun off from Hitachi, seemed to be renamed Hikoki but then re-rebranded as Metabo HPT (as distinct from Metabo). That is, tools available branded as Metabo or Metabo HPT.

Also, I think Kress might still be independent but not sure.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

I think different part of the world got split in the Hitachi/Metabo/Hikoki brands

Reply to
Andy Burns

I am certainly confused by their naming and separating. There does seem to be Koki in the UK who sell as HiKoki. But there is also Metabo who sell as Metabo and Metabo HPT. So it doesn't seem to be just a geographical division.

Ah!

- have all three brands!

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

Hitachi tools have always been Hikoki, they have now just shed the Hitachi name...

In fact if you look carefully at the label on my big AG:

It carries the "hi Koki" brand, and a 2002 date of manufacture.

More German focussed that some of the others...

Reply to
John Rumm

Do they still supply Wickes with their own brand products? (Or at least some of them.)

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

Don't know about still - not looked in ages. I know they did a SDS that was Kress in their slightly posher grey coloured "Pro" range.

They seem to use a range of identifiable companies as OEMs for the posher stuff (I have a Wickes branded SDS max drill that is really made by Sparky), but the normal black own brand tools seem to be the normal rebadged generic Chinese stuff.

Reply to
John Rumm

I think my quite old circular saw is Kress via Wickes. (Would have to go and check!)

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

Kowloon (/?ka??lu?n/; Chinese: ??) is an urban area in Hong Kong comprising the Kowloon Peninsula and New Kowloon. With a population of

2,019,533 (2 million) and a population density of 43,033/km2 in 2006, it is the most populous urban area in Hong Kong. The peninsula's area is approximately 47 km2 (18 sq mi).

(wikipedia)

Perhaps you mean

Andy

Reply to