Looking for info on this timeswitch

On Saturday, 14 September 2019 07:39:44 UTC+1, Mike Halmarack wrote:

The only other bit of info to add is that when you have more pins than you want switching events, put the spare pins where they won't switch. Eg put them in the off ring after it's already switched off by a previous pin.
FWIW I think these are the best of the various timer types. All types have their compromises, with these it's half hourly switching at closest & risk of losing pins. And finite number of pins. You can of course use them as rundown timers too.
I assume someone mentioned you turn the dial to set the time. It only goes one way.
NT
On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 04:11:22 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks. I'm really starting to get comfortable with this now.
--

Mike

On 14/09/2019 12:20, Mike Halmarack wrote:

The only problem with them is that the little plastic worm gear wears out and they stop going around. You can sometimes fix it by moving the worm a mm or two on its shaft. I have cannibalised a cheaper plug in one to fit the worm into a boiler timer in the past when the worm had worn too much.
they do last a long time though I only did it once in the thirty odd years I used the boiler.

It's useful to spread them through the OFF periods to act as a 'backstop' in case you use the override switch for a temporary boost and forget to turn it off.

That model comes with 3 pair of pins to allow 3 on and off periods per 24 hours.
The unused pins can be stored at the front of the dial in the 4 holes provided - as can be seen in the original photo.