Looking for a tap...

Not a complex requirement you would have thought, but:

I want a panel mounting single tap that has 15mm compression couplings (or pushfit) for its in and out pipes. The pipe couplings must be behind the panel. Something similar to a single shower tap. Anyone know of a supplier?

(reason for the question is my mum has one of these whirlpool bath type systems. It has two controls mounted on the top of a corner of the bath, one controls the motor speed and hence the amount of air pumped through. The other is a quarter turn tap that allows a small amount of hot water to get injected into the air feed manifold so as to preheat the air. This tap has sized solid, and I wanted something simple to replace it with. Not seen anything in any of the catalogues yet that looks like it will do it)

Reply to
John Rumm

John Rumm wrote: [through panel tap]

Caravan / boat type places perhaps?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Why not just use a regular 15mm ball valve and bodge a bracket onto it so you can mount it?

Reply to
Rob Morley

I did think of that, but it would help if the visible bit looked half way decent, or at least was a standard tap type mechanism where I could replace the handle part to something that looks reasonably in keeping on a victorian cast iron bath.

Something like a standard stopcock tap is almost the right form factor, if there were an easy way of panel mounting it and keeping it looking a bit less functional!

Reply to
John Rumm

Look at the Chartley "Spoke" product range. The website is crap, but you should be able to find a stockist locally with a calalogue. Be prepared to wince at the price!

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

Try Laboratory taps, vacuum, air,water, gas in different configurations, am not sure about stockists but will try and locate. Tom

Reply to
Tom

Try :-

Tom

The closest I can find there is product code 7517 - but that is not panel mount.

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes I understand what you want now, They used to fit a valve like that to fume cupboards, If I remember they had a long stem which could be trimmed to the right length with the knob fitted outside the front panel of the fume cupboard so that the tap could be operated without opening the glass front. Have you tried RS Components? or Drallim, they used to make or market various valves. Would a lo voltage solenoid valve do the trick? Hope this helps Good luck Tom

Reply to
Tom

Came across this :

Fume Cupboard

LC150 - Front control panel valve for wet and dry services

on

it may be a starting point. Tom

Reply to
Tom