Looking for a plumbing part...

Around me are three places that do plumbing fixtures, but only Focus do this part, and they have been consistently out of stock for the past few weeks, despite me turning up on the delivery date to get it, only to be told their computer shows one in stock, but they can't find it. The piece in question is a Y fitting so the 3/4" waste water outlet hoses from two appliances can be attached to one single 3/4" waste outlet hose which is connected to the tee on my sink trap and from there to the drain. Currently only have washing machine connected, but have dishwasher and would like to have it connected before Christmas! Can this part be bought online?

Also another point. It would seem that the location where I am planning to put the dishwasher only has a plumbing fixture for hot water. Do dishwashers need a cold water fixture?

Marcus

Reply to
Marcus Fox

should be what you're after.

Reply to
BigWallop

You need cold for the dishwasher, they nearly always require cold fill only.

Are you sure about the hot only, most washing machines take either hot and cold or cold only.

Reply to
usenet

Most (European) dishwashers will accept a single hot feed. However, it will usually make it more expensive to run and result in less perfect cleaning results, although it will complete a cycle more quickly. A US dishwasher requires a hot supply and will not work with a cold supply.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

B.E.S. part no 11262.

Dish washers should ideally be plumbed with a cold water feed if yours has a rinse & hold programme. The thinking is that a hot feed on a rinse & hold prog tends to bake the debris onto the plate.

Reply to
Wanderer

Out of interest I've just bought a new washing machine (Siemens) Seems like most manufacturers are now making washing machine cold fill only, as the washing performance is better. The ones we looked at, were Bosch, Miele, AEG and Siemens and all were cold fill only. It's a bit annoying as the wash takes longer and obviously costs more as you are using electricity to heat the water rather than gas. As all these makes are German, perhaps it's a conspiracy!

Reply to
deckertim

Not convinced it is more expensive - a modern dish washer uses so little water that they are full before the hot water ever gets to them. You end up using gas to heat the pipework up a bit and then electric to heat up the cold water that was standing in the pipework.

Darren

Reply to
dmc

The message from snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com contains these words:

One of the reasons I bought a Hotpoint was that it also had a hot fill. Then I resubscribed to this ng and found Hotpoint was anything but the flavour of the month. :-(

Reply to
Roger