[?] Looking for 6 - 7ft length of 50mm aluminium scaffold pole (in S.E. London area)

I'm looking for a length of 50mm (2") diameter aluminium scaffold pole at least 6 - 7 feet long.

It doesn't need to be sparkly new, but it must be quite straight.

I'm in Bromley, S.E.London and am happy to collect from anywhere within 10-15 miles radius.

Can anyone help, or maybe suggest a source?

TIA - Dave

Reply to
David Chapman

48mm diameter about £10.00/m from any theatrical supplier.

e.g.

are in SE17 (Walworth).

Reply to
Dave Osborne

Ask your local scaffolding firms? Years back I got one for free (used as a TV aerial mast) from a local scaffolder because they didn't use them any more.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Is it for an aerial? If so I may be able to help - have a secondhand one here. Can measure it if needed - but it's a nominal 2" type IIRC.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes it is for an aerial. The e-mail address shown below is valid so I'd be most grateful if you'd contact me off-NG to discuss.

Many thanks - Dave

Reply to
David Chapman

If that fails for any reason you may care to look at

£16.35 + VAT for 2 Inch x 12 ft Alloy TV Pole / Mast in 16 gauge. And TLC's local van service should cover your address.

Reply to
Robin

Huh! You said you wanted scaff pole not poxy aerial pole! ;-)

Reply to
Dave Osborne

That could help with my awning hoist project - ta.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Its not going to be as strong as a ladder.

Reply to
dennis

Yes, enormous difference in strength, and weight.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel