Looking for #1: Pluggable downlights for bathroom

Hello,
I am looking for downlights suitable for a bathroom which would comply
with Part P regulations by not requiring any wiring other than to
replace the existing light in the bathroom.
Does anyone know of any products which allow the various individual
lamps to attach via an integral plug/socket to the mains? (either 240V
or low voltage)
Thanks!
Reply to
Dave
That would any of them would it not? Replacing one light with another is not notifiable.
What exactly are you trying to do? More to the point where are you starting from? ;-)
Reply to
John Rumm
The bathroom currently has a single central lighting fixture on the ceiling. We were thinking to replace it ourselves but I believe that running a string of downlights would be outside Part P (extending a circuit in a special location) -- wheras replacing the single fixture with a new single fixture would be allowed.
Thus I was looking for some downlight "system" where the installer does no actual wiring other than to connect it at the central point.
I just today found "link lights" but these are really meant for under kitchen cabinets - but this is just the concept I had in mind.
that clarifies the question...
Thanks
> > I am looking for downlights suitable for a bathroom which would comply > > with Part P regulations by not requiring any wiring other than to > > replace the existing light in the bathroom. > > That would any of them would it not? Replacing one light with another is > not notifiable. > > > Does anyone know of any products which allow the various individual > > lamps to attach via an integral plug/socket to the mains? (either 240V > > or low voltage) > > What exactly are you trying to do? More to the point where are you > starting from? ;-) > > -- > Cheers, > > John. > > /=================================================================\ > | Internode Ltd -
| > |-----------------------------------------------------------------| > | John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk | > \=================================================================/
Reply to
Dave
I would guess the closest thing you will find are the sort of fittings you find in places like Ikea that have a central hub that fixes to the ceiling (this often contains a transformer) and it has lugs that let a couple of long metal rods fix on. The individual light fittings then clamp to these rods in positions of your choice - similar in concept to a track light:
other versions of the same sort of idea:
perhaps something like:
(none of these are particularly well suited to bathrooms however unless it is a large room and the light fitting is well out of the way of where it could get splashed etc)
Reply to
John Rumm

Site Timeline Threads

  • site's last updated in