Look what I found under the wallpaper

Lobster ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) wibbled on Wednesday 16 March 2011

08:17:

If my daughter turns goth and paints the room black, and if that's all she does, I will consider myself very fortunate!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Donwill ( snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid) wibbled on Wednesday 16 March 2011

09:07:

I dunno. You'll probably find houses in Spain that look like that.

Works best with sunlight though...

Here's a restaurant in London:

Tim Watts

God!!!! that would put me off my food :-) Don

Reply to
Donwill

Reminds me of my first house. The bedroom was quite long, and the previous owner had picked up a piece of red carpet which turned out to be far too small. No problem, he just painted the rest of the floor to (almost) match. He was clearly in a hurry - when I came to get rid, the foam back was well stuck to the paint.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Lesser of two weevils, innit.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Hornblower or Jack Aubrey ? Don

Reply to
Donwill

Oh, Aubrey without a doubt.

Reply to
Skipweasel

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Skipweasel saying something like:

'Lessor', if you're hiring them out.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Our dining room's reasonably orangey, with lots of dark wood and sunlight (big patio door type thing* on one wall, big picture window on another). Definite Spanish / Mexican feel to it (and the kitchen, which is kind of a sandy red).

  • it opens out onto a flower bed. The woman who built the place in the '40s was a bit bonkers. I'll get round to adding the patio bit at some point. :-)

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson