Logisty Wireless Alarms

Hi there,

I am looking to install a logisty wireless alarm into our house.

I plan to use 3 PIRs, 4 Door Catches and a couple of keyfob remotes.

I am aware that these systems aren't as secure as a wired system. but with the layout of our house a wirefree solutions would suit us best - quick and easy to install an no cables to hide around the house.

I have a couple of questions...

a) Is there anyway to interface a Logisity control panel to my existing home automation system - i.e. When the alarm is fully set, drop the central heating temperature an set the lights to operate randomly etc. etc.

Where is the cheapest place to buy the logisty from? I have found a few sites on the web, but the price can vary by about 30%.

Many thanks for in advance,

Cheers,

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew Humphreys

On Wed, 19 May 2004 13:24:24 GMT, in uk.d-i-y snipped-for-privacy@one-web.com (Matthew Humphreys) strung together this:

I think it has a set output, which you can link into a random timer\relay combo to switch the lights on and off and also interface it into the heating, you can make your own relay interface or use a programmer which accepts 'set back' thermistors rather than a standard stat.

I always buy mine from CEF, that's where the sales type bloke sorted me out with a decent discount structure. Don't know where your best bet would be though, sorry.

Reply to
Lurch

Cheers for that Lurch, looks like it'll do all I need to do!

Are there any other manufacturers worth considering, with a similar specification - I liked the idea of the dual radio system.

Dare I ask what sort of price you pay for the Logisty control panel with an internal / external sounder? Just so I can see if I'm being ripped off!

Thanks,

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew Humphreys

Over priced Taiwanese crap and is only being sold in the UK because of the new EU marketing laws. I've seen them sell in Taiwan for a maximum of £99.00 for a full 3 PIR + 1 Smoke Detector and all the other fixtures and fittings system, but as soon as they come over here they charge hundreds of pounds for them.

Try to get yourself a proper Scantronic system if you want to go with the wireless idea. Personally, I can't stand the RF (radio frequency) things because of the problems they cause us. When people are on holidays, the police call us in to silence them and stop the neighbours ripping their hair out after three days of sounders whaling.

The Scantronic Domestic range is ideal, and they know what they're doing when it comes to wireless systems. If you're in a built up area, a crappy wireless system will either give you much grief from nearby RF sources because they're not screened properly, or it will have to be set so low on the sensitivity that it is virtually useless at detecting anything.

Have a look here for a decent system:

shop around for the Scantronic Wireless range.

Reply to
BigWallop

Hmmm - doesn't sound to good now....

THe neighbours are keyholders, so that shouldn't be a problem - it won't be monitored, just connected to an autodialer.

I thought the logisty was meant to be the beds knees due to its "unique" dual radio feature....

Its not a built up area - a small village, so interference should be low.

Reply to
Matthew Humphreys

Is the Infinite Wireless Alarm system any good?

Reply to
Matthew Humphreys

Well my Response wireless system has worked for some 7 years so far, with only one false alarm (lightening striking a neighbour). Within 30 feet of the system is a very active radio ham neighbour running up to 1Kw RF and full legal power on all bands from 1.8 Mhz to 440 Mhz - not once has he set off the system accidentally (or on purpose) and a wired system (he thought) might be more susceptible to his transmissions, as the wires to and from the sensors would act as aerials and pick up induced voltages far more than a wireless system.....

Nick

Reply to
nick smith

a link to a list of ACPO (association of chief police officers) approved wireless systems.

BigWallop

On Wed, 19 May 2004 14:01:30 GMT, in uk.d-i-y snipped-for-privacy@one-web.com (Matthew Humphreys) strung together this:

I can't say as I don't use wireless systems too often, but I haven't fitted anything other than the Logisty and a Scantronic. I wasn't overly impressed with either of them really.

Pricey! ISTR the last complete Logisty system I bought was about a grand or so.

Reply to
Lurch

Hmm... A grand...... I think the prices I found came to £700, but its only a small system.

The scantronic seems to be cheaper, but if the Logisty is the cheap Taiwanese import mentioned earlier I may avoid it full stop. Having fitted both, which do you prefer.

I wish I could run wires - but the layout would mean chaos and the house is only just starting to resemble civilisation again! Also the garage is at the bottom of the garden and could do with a sensor.

The scantronic has less zones than the logisty i think??

Thanks SJW

Reply to
Matthew Humphreys

approved systems!

Reply to
Matthew Humphreys

Do a web search for "Class 6 wireless intruder" and it should give you some ideas as to what you need for a decent system.

Reply to
BigWallop