Loft conversion disaster

Just found this diy related story on the local papers website. one for diy from hell.

Paul

wonder what goes on in some people's heads.

I liked how 15 supports was "just a couple"..... :-)

I wonder if he will be fined etc.

A £15k bill and no home ought to concentrate his mind (or perhaps it won't)...

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

structures.

Out of curiosity I modelled my roof as exactly as I could.

Then I played with it. The roof was put in serious danger by simply removing one harmless looking strut.

Hammers and saws now stay out of my loft!

Reply to
EricP

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 11:39:35 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named "Paul" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

said: "Down tools and get the professionals in."'

This is not necessarily the safer option; I went to a conversion last month where a so-called 'professional' had installed a dormer, cutting out the hip leaving the ridge unsupported and the whole roof at risk of spreading.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 11:39:35 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named "Paul" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Not one to willingly give the Sun any house room, nor to believe anything it prints, but at least this article shows what the guy had done. Although looking at the age of the house, I would expect the roof to be fink trusses at 600mm centres rather than two queen posts.

Hugo Nebula

It's more than that. The bill for repair is 15K. Temorary work including supervision of the criminals as they get there sjidt, lost rent then inspections and redecorating and finding new tenants.

And he think it's a joke because he made a silly mistake. What is a joke is the cost of housing him and feeding him 24/7. That aught to come out of the sale into prostitution of his wife and slavery of his kids.

I hope he is not allowed to have his step children stay over, ever again.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Do you think that he should be castrated as well to avoid further progeny?