Local Councils to be told to take waste fee-free

well no

but 2 hours to get to a London mainline station means that you must live as far away as Brighton. I can't think of anywhere that you might reasonably consider as London that is more than 45 minutes away from the centre by the quickest route.

so you're hardly doing a London to Birmingham journey, are you?

tim

Reply to
tim...

Didn't realise Scotland was so small an area it equates to London. Perhaps you meant Manchester rather than London? Both England, after all.

Ah right. By car now.

Only capitol knows what he means. On a very good day with suitable medication.

For most, train stations tend to me more conveniently placed than airports, being in the centre of towns. And tend to have a more frequent service.

I have a niece who is a frequent traveller from the London area to the NE of Scotland. Has given up flying that route due to frequent delays, and the longer check in times than once was the case.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

A London to Birmingham journey is going to be even quicker pro rata by train, since the check in times for flights is one of the major factors on short ones. The longer the distance, the less it relatively matters.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I've met Gatwich closed by fog for a couple of hours and Glasgow (on another day) - we had to be coached to Glasgow from Edinbugh

But 2 hour check ins and wait for baggage can make the times comparable

Reply to
charles

My train time to Waterloo is 45 minutes + 15 minutes to get to the station (on foot) and buy a ticket. I've then got o cross London - allow 45 minutes

- and it's getting close to two hours.

Reply to
charles

No 42 Clapham Junction Wimbledon Surbiton Hinchley Wood Claygate Oxshott Cobham Effingham Junction Horsley...

Ingrained in me childhood consciousness...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Its a twelve mile walk?

Reply to
dennis

Gatwick to Edinburgh: delayed two hours due to weather.

Edinburgh to Gatwick: cancelled by Easy. So we took the train to Kings X, tube to Victoria, and then train to Lewes, drop off FiL and pick up car from his, two hour drive back to Canterbury.

Arrived back home *before* the take-off of the alternative flight proposed by Easy.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I think you are wrong to call it builders waste. It's customers waste and should be dealt with in the way I have deal with it - legally - and I have to include the waste costs in the bill to the customer.

But as you said "no one wants to pay for it".

Quite a few apprentices, have over the years, thrown rubbish such as empty pop cans and crisp bags out of my passenger side window.

Can you guess how many have done it twice when I am driving:-)?

Reply to
ARW

What sanction do you apply under such circumstances?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Sod's law applies.

It will work fine for the paint can you will never need to use again and not for the paint can you will need to use again.

Reply to
ARW

Yep. As I found the other day, all precautions against drying out had failed.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

So you can do London to Scotland in less than 5 hours? I've acually done it in less than 4.

Reply to
Capitol

Exceptions? No rail strikes? No leaves? I saw only 2 delays for others from Scotland, one Ryanair cancelled due to ice at Stansted, one BA cancelled as not enough passengers! The revised BA flight was 3 hours later arriving, Ryanair was delayed 12 hours. The train would have taken >12 hours of travelling and been much more expensive.

Reply to
Capitol

On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 00:40:53 +0100, Davey wrote:=

I thought they were all free. Mine is, so is where my Uncle lives. You= have to pay if you're a commercial vehicle, but any tradesman with any = sense uses his car and a trailer instead of the van with his company nam= e on it. Since they recycle most of the waste, they should be making a = profit?

-- =

I got invited to a party and was told to dress to kill. Apparently a tur= ban, beard and a backpack wasn't what they had in mind.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Why not confiscate the vehicle and sell it? You sound as stupid as the police. Crushing a vehicle because it's owner has done something wrong is not very environmentally friendly is it?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

That's the sort of thing my niece reported. And now reckons the definitive way from Aberdeen to London is the sleeper. Or rather the doser. Not paying for a bed, but a reclining seat. Train departs at about 21.30, and a couple of glasses of wine while reading a book, then a nap, and she's indoors by about 0900. Of course if she goes with her family, they take the car.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

why? surely you have a through ticket

or even 20 minutes for normal people

tim

Reply to
tim...

which simply proves that Easy are useless at re-booking passengers

Now, who is surprised by that?

tim

Reply to
tim...

stopping the car and telling then to go and pick it up :-)

tim

Reply to
tim...