liquid rising out of Dulux emulsion

in the 2.5 litre plastic pot of dulux vinyl soft sheen there always seems a lot of clear water type liquid on the top if i have not used it for a while. Since presumably this has risen out of the emulsion should i try to stir it back in every time? my thinking is that if i just tip the liquid, away the emulsion will just continue to thicken and dry out? thanks

Reply to
torge conrad maguar

Have you tried reading the instructions on the can?

Reply to
manatbandq

The word 'emulsion' means a mixture of two normally imiscible liquids, IE, oil and water, what you are seeing is the oil, stir it back in.

Reply to
Phil L

I've used Dulux a lot-- great stuff. Just stir the water back in.

A tip for using Dulux: when you have some left over, always use a spatula to clean the sides of the container and make a smooth surface on the remaining paint. That way you won't have dry stuff that falls in the paint when you, weeks or months later, stir the water back in.

Reply to
MB

I always use the paintbrush (not a spatula), to do that, then I shlap it on the wall.

Reply to
Anne Jackson