Lino

I'm putting lino on the bathroom floor. The floorboards are a bit uneven. Is it worth putting something between, like hardboard?

And how can I shim up the edges by the wall so that any small spills of water stay on the lino until I mop it up? [g]

Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

Why not just do it like this? (Seen in Nepal recently at a very upmarket teahouse). ;-)

Tim Downie

*applause*
Reply to
Huge

a look at the one I've just found. (Last picture on the page).

Graham.

ones I used in Chinese trains in late '92. Some are not much more than a rusty hole in the floor through which you could see the tracks...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

BTDT. We went to China in the early 80's. The "toilet" in the Peking Opera we were reluctantly dragged to was a strip of concrete with a hole every 4ft, liberally littered with stray turds. I suddenly lost the desire to "go". (We had been warned to go to the toilet in the morning before going out, but needs must.)

Reply to
Huge

You mean vinyl?

Unless you have very thick heavy duty vinyl it will show through.

You can't DIY that AFAIK. It uses some kind of vinyl welding equipment.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

> *applause*

ROFL! My yuppie kids are there at the moment, must show them when they get back. Might stop them complaining about my low standards.

Reply to
newshound

Wow, real western toilet there

Reply to
geoff

In message , Graham. writes

Clean , water to wash your arse, what more do you need ?

Reply to
geoff

PRESSURE WASHER, ANGLE GRINDER, *AND* WD40

Jackpot.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher