Link detached houses and property boundaries ?

If understand correctly, property boundaries usually run through the middle of walls with terraced and semi-detached houses, but what about link-detached houses?
In this sketch for example, which of the 2 property boundaries is most likely? http://tinypic.com/r/2bblgm/8
If it's relevant, the garage roofs are supported by beams set into the walls of the 2 adjoining houses.

aka "terraced" houses.
"Link detached", my arse. If you can't walk round it, it isn't detached.
--
Today is Sweetmorn, the 20th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3181
I don't have an attitude problem.
On Mon, 15 Jun 2015 20:31:30 +0000, Huge wrote:

I was thinking about a flying freehold type of property, with two houses linked by a bedroom across a shared alleyway. I saw one on Downs Road recently.
On 15/06/2015 22:29, Bob Eager wrote:

That's a terrace to me. It's not a flying freehold either - the passageway probably belongs to the same house as the bedroom, and the other will have a right of way.
There's a house down the road from us with a flying freehold. One room's ceiling is the other house's bedroom floor.
AIUI link detached has a garage joining them - so no adjacent habitable rooms.
Andy
On 16/06/15 21:37, Vir Campestris wrote:

I've seen link-detached houses where the garages sit between and join the houses. That's not too bad as they are practically detaches from a noise POV assuming noone uses their garage as a drum shed!

"Link detached" is an estate agent's term for a posh terraced house.
--
Today is Boomtime, the 21st day of Confusion in the YOLD 3181
I don't have an attitude problem.
Huge wrote:

Round here they use "palisaded villa" for that, "link detached" as other have mentioned generally seems to be applied to houses that are attached only via garages or car-ports, and it does seem worth having a term for that.

We've got one; "terraced".
(BTW, I'm just fighting a likely losing battle against "estate agent speak". Probably prompted by the fact I'm presently engaged in the depressing task of looking for a house to retire to.)
--
Today is Boomtime, the 21st day of Confusion in the YOLD 3181
I don't have an attitude problem.

What does "deceptively large" mean? Bigger than it looks or not as big as it looks?
--
bert

On 18/06/15 14:46, bert wrote:

Dunno, but an apt phrase for any house these days should be:
"Reassuringly expensive"!!!

Tiny.
--
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 23rd day of Confusion in the YOLD 3181
I don't have an attitude problem.

LOL
--
bert

On 18/06/15 14:46, bert wrote:

'deceptively spacious' could mean either but if the photos/plans show something that looks large I can't imagine an agent warning you that it is really quite small. So it means 'we are trying to counter the obvious first impression that it's a miserable little hutch'.
I've now spent two years looking for a property to retire to, I despair.

Jesus, I don't want to hear that, we've only been looking for a few weeks.
--
Today is Setting Orange, the 24th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3181
I don't have an attitude problem.
On 19/06/15 22:35, Huge wrote:

Try a sensible country?
On 19/06/15 22:39, Tim Watts wrote:

I am presently in Italy, where I could buy the appartment I currently rent year round for less than a quarter of the value of my (smaller) London flat. It is tempting but…
On 19/06/15 22:35, Huge wrote:

To be fair:
1. Aug 2013. After a survey and a structural engineer's report, decided cost of renovation of nice wreck in nice location would not only exceed likely value restored but bust my budget.
2. June 2014. Sale of my property fell through so not in position to make cash offer for perfect house in fair location.
3. January 2015. Buyer of my flat dragging feet so unable to make proceedable offer on near perfect house in desirable location.
4. April 2015. Stupid (or bad faith?) buyer has spun things out so long his mortgage offer has expired. So unable to make fully competitive offer on near perfect wreck in very desirable location.
And this I might add selling a flat in London that has buyers queuing up to make offers. Unfortunately they seem so anxious to make an offer they only make up their mind later.

Where and how much? Mail addy works. My daughter wants a flat in London.
--
Tim Lamb

On 19/06/2015 23:37, DJC wrote:

Rent it out and buy somewhere else. You can sell it in a few years time when its doubled in value.
We've been looking for two years, too, but just generally, not with anything specific in mind. One problem is what and where? In the past, moving has always been related to a specific need such as location, for work. Having now retired, the world is theoretically our oyster, which makes the whole business far more complicated, even though it shouldn't.
We could go anywhere, although hope this will be the last move. Then again, we like where we are, but the house is too big, or will be, as the years pass. Don't know about you, but right through my 40s and into my 50s, time and life seemed almost infinite. Now, in my 60s, I have finally accepted that there is an end in sight, or at least a major slowing down as the years pass. I am now at the age my Dad died, yet my Mum is 91 and still going, albeit slowly, living in a flat. Popping my clogs doesn't worry me - it is just running out of steam, not being able to do much.
The answer, of course, is to do nothing. Just stay here until forced to make a decision.
--
Graeme