Light Switch Surrounds

A Content Customer kindly wrote this for my page: After weeks of snagging lists my brand new kitchen had been finished, everyone knows the stress of not having the most important room of the house my wife was almost at breaking point. Thousands of pounds had been spent at this point and overall the job was great with the modern fresh look of the room but a small problem occurred with tiny chip's in the glass tiles around all the plugs and sockets.

This small but very annoying problem would not go away and my eyes always went straight to the chips, so the search began to find a company that would solve the minor but niggling problems, straight away after typing Light Switch Surrounds on google search, the website

popped up. The quick response was amazing, the preferred colour choice was a chrome finish surround to fit over the existing new chrome fittings so not to worry about the wiring, the answer was yes it can be done.

All they needed was the dimension of the sockets and if they had square or rounded corners for the cut out, the next step was deciding on a thin border as it was just to hide the chips, the order was placed and parcel arrived within days. The fitting was so easy to do yourself and wow the final finish was superb, no more chips. Since then we've been back and purchased 6 spot light surrounds as the plastering to the new ceiling was a little poor just around the fitting's, it seems like a bug now as the next step is looking at the other room's and discussing with Plastic Supermarket 2 tone Perspex surrounds with 40mm borders to stop the grandchildren marking the white walls all the time.

Greatly recommend this company for there help over the last few weeks and have just had an e-mail advising us of their new online store with a checkout facility which is worth a look, they informed myself it was work in progress and the ideas and products will keep being added to this site all the time. It's great to see that the British are still designing and inventing like this, please take a look for yourselves. 'The Plastic Supermarket | Supply of plastic sheeting, fabrication of plastic products and providing a cut-to-size service.'

Mr J F Williams Hampshire

Reply to
Grizeley Products

'Perspex in a Gloss Pink Finish with a 50mm Border'

yuck. sorry

NT

Reply to
meow2222

snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote on 09/02/2015 :

Would any responsible person even consider placing an order with a company which has to stoop to spamming newsgroups for its custom?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Pink finish eh? reminds me of the colour of spam!

Reply to
Bob Minchin

No accounting for taste I suppose. These sound like good ideas to me, as long as they are not too expensive. The only problem in this house is that the boxes are not always as level as they might be, so adding a surround often results in one corner a bit up in the air. I know get a better plasterer... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

chips in tiles look far better than that grizzly product. And I cant say I've found chipped tiles to be a big problem anyway.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

That's what happens when you get unexpected apostrophes. They're so unattractive.

Also why would anyone stick a plastic surround around a light switch when if they were paying thousands of pounds surely the tiler would have taken the tile edge underneath the switch?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

actually, irrespective of whether anyone does order, the mere mentioning of it in a newsgroup gets it up into googles web crawlers and indexed.

The problem with a brand new website is to get the crawlers to know it exists at all. Shoving a link from 'google groups' does that.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Or signing up to a google webdeveloper account and seeding it properly.

OK - you have to do this with more than one search engine, but how many people use anything except Google, and maybe Bing?

Reply to
Tim Watts

This is UK DIY. Only a bodger would cut tiles to fit round the socket. So neither your product or spam is needed here.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

so, what would you do? Tile over the socket?

Reply to
charles

You are joking?

No, lift the socket and tile to the edge of the backbox.

Then replace the socket overlapping the tiles.

Reply to
Tim Watts

He posted via DIYbanter, he won't even know what USENET is.

"Grizeley" seems to be made up of the surnames of the two directors

Glenn Derek GRIffiths & Adam Charles baZELEY Unsurprisingly that trading name appears to be dormant.

The current one is The Plastic Supermarket.

The parent co, with the same directors is "Mediumz Ltd" which is rather intrusting, manufacturing metal detector and x-ray test pieces.

Perhaps those products will feature in their next spamming session.

Reply to
Graham.

There are no plugs in a wall, only sockets. And you mean chips, not chip's.

The front plate of the socket will cover the tile edges. If this is not the case, smack your tiler very hard.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I do wonder about Charles sometimes. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)