Light off 15A circuit

I have a cupboard that had the cylinder and immersion in. I have fitted a high flow combi so this cupboard needs smartening up. The immersion cable and switch is in there, and the cable also had the fridge/freezer off it too (not right I know). Now the cable has only has the fridge/freezer off it. I want to fit a light and switch in this cupboard. Do I need a fused spur with a 5 amp fuse inside? Or can I use the existing cable, which is on a 15A mcb at the CU, without any other protection?

TIA

Reply to
timegoesby

You can probably use the existing 15A MCB as protection provided you are using a BC or ES lampholder and not an SBC/SES (small lampholders must be protected at

Reply to
Owain

use a fused swtched spur, 3A or 5A fuse.

NT

Reply to
meow2222