Lidl Offers FYI

Why? I am not scared to admit stuff, when you have made a mistake that cost £1M+ little things like that mean nothing. As they say, if you haven't made a mistake you haven't done anything.

As it happens I cut the mitre wrong on six pieces of wood about 6 weeks ago when I was knocking a hexagonal planter up out of some old shiplap I found.

Reply to
dennis

Needs a bit of skill. But IIRC there's an FAQ on how to do it.

Thing is in the average room the long runs of skirting will have internal angles. And any shrinkage will open these up. External angles are usually restricted to short runs - chimney breasts, etc where a mitre is fine. Of course if you use MDF etc for skirting it probably doesn't matter.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And is useful in that the skirting between two internal corners can be removed easily.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Not really, you do need a mitre saw/block and a coping/fret saw though.

Reply to
dennis

Talking about ship lap. Is that the stuff that varies in thickness across its width? If so, when it is used for its proper job, is the thick side at the top or bottom? (I am using it to stop pebbles from escaping under the garden fence, with the thick side at the bottom.)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Wife obtained one of those from a local authority and it has also been used as a work bench more that the pick nick table it is supposed to be. :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Shiplap is a variety of tongue and groove, the groove is in the thick bit at the bottom.

Reply to
dennis

That's an excellent idea, as the missus wants me to build a picnic table sometime (which is all fun and everything as a project, but I like the fact I could then use it for more than just a few hours a year as a food table :-)

Reply to
Jules

Thus spake Harry Bloomfield ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.tiscali.co.uk) unto the assembled multitudes: [Lidl helmet]

Sorry, I meant to say 39 quid, not 49.

Reply to
A.Clews

Local store had the saws piled high this morning.

Bought a set of the ratchet spanners. Look to be beautifully made.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

Nice to have a CASED set of punches, too.

Reply to
Appin

Used them today and they're good. Trouble with some ratchets is they are so stiff they won't ratchet on a slightly loose nut which is still too tight for the fingers. These are fine.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)