Solvent for builders expanding foam

Anyone know what common solvent might help clean cured foam from a metal surface. I don't want to risk scratching the surface with a knife or chisel. I don't have a can to hand to read any instructions there might be on it.

TIA

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin dangling via a don

Bob Minchin dangling via a dongle wibbled on Monday 21 September 2009 23:05

There is a Foam Eater product (try Screwfix or Toolstation). I have some but haven't tried it yet...

Reply to
Tim W

Acetone (aka 'proper' nail varnish remover)

David

Reply to
Lobster

Thanks David

Reply to
Bob Minchin dangling via a don

IME acetone only disolves the foam in the early stages of cure - not found anything that will disolve it when set rock hard

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Nitromors?

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Probably not. Veg oil might, that is mentioned on the side of the can of the last lot I used. Next time I will oil my hands before using the stuff so it doesn't stick. Veg oil did lift the small bits of my skin but it hadn't fully cured.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I alway wear thin blue surgeon type gloves when foaming - nightmare to get off hands - especially nails

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Nitromors would almost certainly dissolve cured foam from metal. I can't think of anything synthetic it doesn't dissolve

Reply to
Stuart Noble