Solvent for builders expanding foam

Anyone know what common solvent might help clean cured foam from a metal surface. I don't want to risk scratching the surface with a knife or chisel. I don't have a can to hand to read any instructions there might be on it.
TIA
Bob
wibbled on Monday 21 September 2009 23:05

There is a Foam Eater product (try Screwfix or Toolstation). I have some but haven't tried it yet...
--
Tim Watts
The pissartist formerly known as Tim S
Bob Minchin dangling via a dongle wrote:

Acetone (aka 'proper' nail varnish remover)
David
Lobster wrote:

Thanks David

metal
or
might
IME acetone only disolves the foam in the early stages of cure - not found anything that will disolve it when set rock hard
AWEM
Andrew Mawson wrote:

Nitromors?
On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 09:20:47 GMT, Stuart Noble wrote:

not
Probably not. Veg oil might, that is mentioned on the side of the can of the last lot I used. Next time I will oil my hands before using the stuff so it doesn't stick. Veg oil did lift the small bits of my skin but it hadn't fully cured.
--
Cheers
Dave.

can
I alway wear thin blue surgeon type gloves when foaming - nightmare to get off hands - especially nails
AWEM
Dave Liquorice wrote:

Nitromors would almost certainly dissolve cured foam from metal. I can't think of anything synthetic it doesn't dissolve