Lidl goodies today.

A rather nice cast alloy vice with standard drill press fixing centres.

Jaws are removable hard plastic with soft covers.

Quick release.

Max opening 100mm Jaws 100mm Depth to slides 35mm

Comes with clamp for fitting at right angles to a surface - which may or may not have uses.

Should be handy for holding light objects to a drill press which are larger than a standard vice takes. Or that's what I want it for.

Price 4.99.

Bib and braces overalls. Cotton with button flies, etc.

Price 4.99.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Forget the vice, its suction clamp fails miserably

Reply to
George

I don't think it had a suction clamp.

Reply to
dennis

The size isnt what it says on the packet tho. I bought some and had to take them back to Lidl. Too small and no I havent been eating too many cakes :-)

Anna

Reply to
Anna

Top or bottom? :-)

Reply to
George

Doesn't have one. Different design entirely.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Fitted me ok - although you would have to adjust the size if it was to be worn over layers of clothing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Oh so Size does matter ;(

-
Reply to
Mark

S'right. The tilt-and-turn vice with the suction clamp is a different thing, that also turns up at Lidl at £5.99 from time to time.

Basically it's this vice which sells for over £30, but with a different paint job:

that the suction camp is useless, but the vice itself is heavy enough to hold light objects securely at odd angles, eg for electronic assembly (so remove the lever from the base, and call it a non-scratch rubber foot). I've had the Draper vice for about 20 years and wouldn't be without it.

If this happens to be something you need, it is one of Lidl's genuine bargains and well worth looking out for. I've bought a few as presents for other people, but the next time they turn up I'm getting a second one for myself.

Reply to
Ian White

Hmm, for anyone who has meet you Dave that message means something, to anyone else it's totally meaningless! :~)

Reply to
:Jerry:

It simply means they're ok size wise for the purpose intended - ie DIY in the home. Where this type of overall would be used instead of other clothing. If you wish to use it on top of clothing for site use you'll need to increase the size. Sort of the difference between a boiler suit usually worn over clothing to keep that reasonably clean and bib and brace worn instead of normal clothes in a reasonably warm environment.

But YMMV...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)