Lidl, 80 alligator clips for £3.99?

I'm completely baffled. Cheap, but what possible use would someone 'household' have for buying 80 of them?

There is a companion kit of look-alike Scotch-Lock connectors. I can see that would be maybe useful, but alligator clips?

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

some sort of fetish use?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Aka nipple clamps....

Reply to
Jimk

Adrian Caspersz pretended :

If I get there, I will buy a box for my workshop. I'm always wrecking them.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

The springs don't look strong enough.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

A previous Lidl offer of those Scotch-Lockalike connectors had to be curtailed, because the packaging strongly implied they were suitable for mains use.

On your wider point I've seen equestrian tack being sold in our local store and it's miles away from the nearest horse....

Reply to
Graham.

Aug 2018

Graham.

If you mean riding crops, I'm sure many have other uses fro them during lockdown. However, the reason seemingly random things end up on shelves are due to mis ordering, or salvage from a defunct product line no longer sold. Tandy used to do this, there called it a where is, as is sale and said in the small print that no warranty or guarantee of safety was expressed or implied,the items were sold as is for use by those who could use them, or words similar to that. Having said that I got a pretty good bench power supply of variable voltage from them. The faults were. The internal fuse was duff, the adjust knob did not quite align with the front panel markings and the front of the meter kept falling off. However I had to drill out he rivets to get to the innards to see why the fuse had gone. Simple dodgy soldering of a stranded cable shorted the live to earth, The off centre dial was due to bad assembly of the main circuit board, and the meter was due to dried out double sided tape. I replaced the rivets with self tapping screws. That psu lasted me many many years of total abuse and as far as I know when I lost too much sight to use it any more, the new owner is still using it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

You'd only need a couple, unless you were having a party.

I'm going into today. I might get a box.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Howie

In other surprising items from unexpected suppliers,

Mmm, the ideal gift.

They also have 50-packs of Valentine's cards for anyone who thinks they might get lucky with 80 alligator clips

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I'm now the proud owner of 80 alligator clips. Let the fun commence.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Howie