LG TV UJ 630V - too loud

I am usually complaining that the ads are played at much louder volume than the program contents, but not this time. On live off air TV it is fine.

The problem is Netflix and AmazonPrime, plus to a lesser extent catch up content. Catch up content often has the speech swamped by music or sound effects, so I cannot make out the speech. Netflix and Amazon has similar problems, except when then is some noisy action, explosion or gunshot - the volume becomes so loud it is near deafening. SWMBO has just been watching Crossing Lines on catchup, which often has defening passages in it. She says it is my TV.

I have tried various sound settings in the TV, but nothing seems to have helped - has anyone found a fix.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Probably right. LG wants you to buy their soundbar thingy.

Or you could splash out on one of these.

There is a sound installation setting for whether you have the set free standing or attached to the wall. There is another thing called 'Auto Volume'. Play with those?

Ultimately, it's American influence of the program providers. Remove the case and fit bass blocking capacitors in series with the speaker leads.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

It happens that Adrian Caspersz formulated :

I have an older soundbar and had thought I might need to buy a new one, when I bought the TV, but for a TV, the sound is surprisingly good on the built in speakers.

It has a thing called 'Magic sound tuning' which works to tweak the audio using the mic in the remote control.

That was on, I have just turned it off and it seems to have helped, but I need more exposure to it to be sure. Thanks..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

The question really is, what is it like on another tv I guess, if you have a surround system and not sime tiny little speaker in the telly it might be better. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

on 07/05/2020, Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) supposed :

No, it really does become painfully loud. The effects sounds swamp the speech.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Does it claim to have some fancy "virtual surround" mode? Can you turn it off.

Reply to
Andy Burns

It has an ULTRA Surround on/off which has always been off.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.