Am I expecting too much?

When you wrote "contracted for" I trust that you have a written contract. If they substituted another material for that which was specified in the contract, that you don't like and think is inferior, you have every right to stop the work and insist on getting the product you paid for.

As far as supposition about how the contractor will react to your request, you know him better than anyone on the newsgroup.

R R
Reply to
RicodJour

The siding is going on my house this week. I think it looks awful. It's not what we thought we were getting. We contracted for alcoa and were getting crane. Does anyone know the price difference? Its not the crane siding with the insulation built in. It seems so flimsy. Do you think I'll be able to get them to take it all of and do it right?

Reply to
Kathy

If the contract says Alcoa, DEMAND Alcoa. Yes, you are getting screwed and probably won't even get to enjoy the orgasm with the siding guy.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

If you have a written contract specifying material other than what they put on, they'd better do exactly that (make it right), or they are in a great positition to be sued and to lose.

Good luck. Doesn't sound like any fun at all.

Siding dictates your home's exterior appearance, and it's not something you want to have to look at if you both don't like it, and it's not what you thought would be going on there.

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.