LEDs for shower room ?

I will be replacing 4 halogen lamps (40w) in the shower room with a light fitting (center ceiling) that will take say 3 BA22 normal size bayonet fitting and using say 7 watt day white bulbs. The room is approx 5`6" x 6` Anyone got similar? Can anyone see any issues with this. The room needs to be quite bright.

Reply to
ss

I would use a luminaire designed for and incorporating LEDs rather than using retro-fit LEDs in a standard bayonet fitting. Retrofit LEDs are pretty good if there's no choice, but there are issues with temperature affecting reliability.

But I have no hard evidence.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

My main issues are :

The wife may not like the LEDs so I could revert to bayonet spots. They arent bright enough so I could get a larger wattage of LEDs. Unfortunately she will only (as usual) decide once I have made the switch and committed to a light fitting so I need some flexibility.

Reply to
ss

Just pick a rathre large light fitting with metal base for best cooling. Add dimming so it mostly doesnt go on full blast and it should last far longer.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

In November I fitted a 3-arm luminaire in a room only a bit bigger than this (about 6'x8') and used 3-off 3W, 320lm LEDs. The lighting is good. I bought

but it's not rated IP44, although its construction is such that it's pretty well the same as IP44. The lamps are
No shipping charge when I bought them! The £2.99 is, I assume, for the entire order. In this particular example, the lamps aren't too easy to screw in - the tool supplied does the job. I put some 'notWD40' on the threads. After about 30 min. the shades and fitting aren't noticeably warm.

Reply to
PeterC